Tikadiamond Blog

You are born free to be anything you dream to be

1 day in Jeju

By Friday, April 18, 2014

Last Wednesday morning my friend arrived in Korea to visit  for a week.   I picked her at the Incheon inernational Airport at approximately 8:00AM and headed straight to my home afterwards to Gyeongbokgung palace and Namsan Tower as well.





 On Thursday we pretty much just walked around Seoul for the day and got ready for our flight to Jeju Island scheduled for 5:55PM on Thursday evening.
We  set out for jeju island with a sigle carry-on bag , taking a express train directly to Gimpo airport , buttt whattt??? We got wroonggg , that train is going to Incheon airport (craazzyyyyyy , i was sooo nervous at that time . but one of the employee helped us , she is so cool , she did everything for us , even show us where should we go and all ). We was so glad because we still have enough time for check in. What a relief #fyuuhhh  )
This was it-à my chance to visit jeju island , something that i had wanted to do since t least 2012 ( when i started live in korea ) . i had never set foot on the island , now was my chance :D
We got to Jeju airport around 7:00PM then go to guest house about 10mnutes by taxi . our taxi driver was sooo nice to us , i ask to him how much it will cost if i want to hiring  a taxi for juat 1 day , anddd crazyyy it will cost around won 150.000 only for 8 hours  (#cryingg). Oke then we will just take a bus (kkkkk , dilarrang pemborosan wkwkwk :p ).
The name  of the place we stayed at is “.backpackers in jeju city center” ( i wonder why the name is soooo lonngg :D ) . the place is sooo nice ,clean , and the owner was so kind .
“The most beautiful place in Korea”, “the Hawaii of Korea”, and the number 1 holiday destination for all Koreans . this was all I kept hearing about Jeju Island prior to my recent visit. I’d seen photos, read up on it, and spoke to a lot of Koreans about it, all of which only had greatly positive things to say about the place. I was well and truly excited for my first visit to Jeju Island.hahhahaa
During our time on Jeju Island, we visited a few of the numerous tourist sites.  Jeju Island is actually pretty big and there’s no way to experience it all without staying for at least a week. I’ll hopefully be making another trip back to Jeju Island next spring or autum with husband to experience this place again. Hihihihi Bismillah lets make it happen.
Jeju-do has lots of attractions that you might need at least 4 days in here. So, in this post, I am going to share the 3 places that we went.
     1.     Jeju folk village
loved to watch Korean dramas? Yes sure kkkkk , especially Dae Jang Geum, or in Indonesia the title was Jewel In The Palace. During the visit to Jeju Island, we went to a folk village, where the shooting of Dae Jang Geum took place. Yiiihhaaaa ;)))).
Directions from our GH
 take bus no.700 to Jeju folk village. (Travel time : 90min)
 its a big place , so again a comfort ble shoes is a must .
i definitely appreciated some poster with “drama caption”. While in that place , we also visited an old korean folk village . would u believe that koreans before were not tall :D . i saw the house were very small . the bedrooms were built for a normal height of an 10 yesr old kid and with minimal space .  
i love to visit folk village , but i dont like one thing ---- creepy doll - I really thought he'd stare back at me if I look away #LOL

take a picture ? sureee kkkk 
here u go :D 
entrance garden
 








look at the ceepy dool behind me -_-"
andd CREEPY DOOOLLLLLL !!!!!





 




Jewel inthe Palace theme place



    2. We went to Seopjikoji after jeju folk village . Seopjikoji is a cliff on the eastern shore of Jeju island. What attracted me to the place was the  contrasting green field beside the cliff and the beautiful long stone-path road with the low wooden fence with sea and light house view. We walked to the light house and enjoyed the serene and relaxing atmosphere. Something that I could not find in my home country, so it was special.
There is a small chapel that was used for the shooting of K-Drama All In one, but since i had not watched the drama, i didn't bother to pay to go in :D
We could see Seongsan Ilchubong (the famous Jeju sunrise peak) from there, it felt so near.
( beware , theres no bus going to seopjikoji main entrance , and we can not find a taxi on our way from bus terminal to that place , we need to walk about 90mnute , crazyyyyyy -_- because no body told us if theres no bus or taxi , sooo if u want to go there , just wait a taxi at bus terminal  till u find taxi). But after we reach that place , aahhh soo beautifull , we enjoyed all of the view . and we are lucky bacause one of taxi driver decide to drive us to seongsan ilchubung peak . yeayayyyy sooo happyyy . thankyou ajossiii . .  
By the time we left Seopjikoji, I was pretty tired. But of course we didn't want to miss the famousSeongsan Ilchubong which was so near from there. So we still went there as our last destination of the day. OK because I'm lazy so please read description from Wikipedia :P 









3.Seongsan Ilchulbong- UNESCO World Heritage also on the list of the New 7 Wonders of Nature! 
The number 1 thing on the top of our list for Jeju Island, which is the number 1 thing to do on the island - Seongsan Ilchulbong at sunrise, but realistically we weren’t going to make it there at sunrise . Akakakkaka .
 so we decided to just visit during the day. Seongsan Ilchulbong is the result of a volcanic eruption over 100,000 years ago, rising from under the sea. It’s really oddly shaped, and is just interesting to look at. The views going up are apparently splendid, although I wouldn’t know, because I did none of those!kkkk , have no energy lefttt (#oldLady).
The view is just way too fabulous. Can’t stop snapping photos every time when I’m have a short break in-between.
 Again, we were on a really tight schedule, and only managed to admire from the bottom. that’s definitely worth watching and take a pict J.
Goodbye Seongsan Ilchulbong. I am glad I had conquered YOU!
No worries! I will be back again, I promised!!!!





---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeju was a blast.  I cannot really say enough good things about the island.  I had more than Korea’s most precious natural gem to show my friend though.  After we were done playing around on Jeju, I brought my friend back to my part of Korea to introduce her to some beautifull place .  I was shocked as to how much her enjoyed everything ;)))).


  I brought my friend out to breakast , lunch and even dinner (read : im lazy to cook kkkkk) , and we even made some time for shopping a loott of stuff ;))))).  To top it all off, the cherry blossoms just popped up a few days before my friend got here so my friend got to see Korea at an especially beautiful time of year.  Overall, I’m very satisfied with the the trip.  I did my best to show my friend as much as I could in a week and I think we got a lot done.
 I was a little sad to see off my friend at the airport last Wednesday  morning but such is life (even cryingggggg like baby L ).
 I’ve begun a journey for myself that’s not even close to over so I guess I have to deal with the feeling of missing family and friends back home occasionally,  however helped me further realize what’s important in life.  I am just glad that I have been able to connect with people in Korea in the same way that I did in the Indonesia.   Life is beautiful and we are all one…










You Might Also Like

0 comments